These cards will also last for a long time, no matter what the application.
Their durability and high-quality mean they can be used in a wide range of situations. You can also add tech features, like magnetic stripes and chips, to expand your card horizons even further.
With so many possible uses for plastic cards, it makes good sense for businesses to be printing on plastic.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- In addition to lasting longer, plastic cards are readily recycled instead of winding up in a landfill.
- Of course, some cards will inevitably wind up in the trash. That's why PVC cards are now available that will decompose naturally within a few years when kept in soil.
- One really good way of reducing your environmental impact is to make use of eco-friendly recycled business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To find out about our affordable pricing, or to obtain more information, just fill out this form. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Most plastic card printers are different, and to find the one which satisfies your business needs, you might have to research them carefully.
We're here to assist you to make the best decision for the right plastic card printer for you and at the best price possible! Plastic Card ID offers: The best trained and experienced customer service team.
Choose from the best printer brands by using our easy-to-navigate website.
Check out honest product reviews from your peers. Save up to 50% on printers and supplies with our everyday low prices. Rely on our experts for support before, during and after your purchase.
Top 5 Factors You Should Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Shopping for an ID card printer can seem overwhelming, but not if you consider these five factors: 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
You can get most card printers in either a single-side or dual-side model.
Single sided are less expensive but require you to manually flip and re-print to the backside of the cards, which can be time intensive and tedious. Dual-sided card printers are time efficient, especially with bigger batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dry sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of ID card printer.
These cards print in vibrant color directly to the card, but will leave a very thin white border around each card edge. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) use a ribbon and transfer film to achieve a higher quality print that ensure full bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
If your company prints in larger batches you’ll want a printer with a large hopper size, faster print speeds, and high yield ribbons.
If you own a smaller business and won’t be printing larger batches, you can save money by opting for a basic printer that doesn’t have features for high-volume printing. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards increases their durability (and cost), but it is essential for cards used and handled on a regular basis.
Laminated cards also add enhanced security feature options, like holograms.
However, there are also less expensive ways for visual security measures, such as watermarks, holographic cardstock, and hologram stickers. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be connected to a PC using a USB cable.
For connecting to a Mac, you must select a printer with Mac compatibility. When it’s necessary to connect to a network with multiple computers, you'll need to choose a printer with ethernet. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is another name for an ID card printer.
PVC (also known as polyvinyl chloride) is a name for plastic. Even though it usually makes people think of construction and plumbing, it’s a durable plastic that has a wide range of uses, including printing ID cards. If you're looking to print any kind of card or photo ID, you'll probably be using a PVC printer. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC plastic card printers can use different methods to transfer a design onto a card. Some of the most common techniques to print on PVC cards include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is probably the most popular method of ID card printing. This method uses a ribbon with panels of three primary colors (yellow, cyan, and magenta) on the entire length.
When the card is being printed, heated elements in the print head pass over the ribbon, and evaporate the ink on the ribbon, thereby transferring it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is a term used with color PVC card printers. In black and white PVC card printers, this process is resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the affordable color plastic card printer on the market today.
You do not need a dual-sided printer to print on both sides of the plastic card.
By manually flipping the card over yourself, this printer will print on either side of the card and save you money!
You save $600, the cost difference between a single-sided and a dual-sided card printer.
Badgy offers turnkey solutions, for both PCs and Mac computers. They consist of the Evolis
The Badgy Printer offers a turnkey solution for either Mac or PC. It consists of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card software, and a kit including a color ribbon with blank plastic cards, sufficient for 100 prints.
Also, a free card template library is available at www.badgy.com, where you can customize templates of your choice by adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and much more! PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 lets you print your own cards completely independently.
Print your badges as you need them - as single cards or in small batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 can produce an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can import data from a database, adding information to your designs with a single click and launching a print run of your badges with a single command, including variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer creates personalized cards with professional quality and edge-to-edge printing to highlight your organization’s brand image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 can be installed like any standard office printer.
The cards are loaded into the feeder and retrieved from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite software allows you to control the printer from your computer, by receiving notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized.
COMPACT: The Badgy200 printer is smaller than a letter sized sheet of paper, allowing it to fit into any workspace.
- This printer weighs a mere 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Since Badgy makes it possible few to print your own customize color badges on demand, this solution can be applied to instantly produced personalized secure cards for a variety of uses.
- A Card Printer
It's not rocket science - instead of paper, you can print your cards on plastic.
- Badgy prints your badges in color with professional quality and, even better, you print the badges you want when and where you want!
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and is used just like a standard office printer.
- The slim, unobtrusive design allows you to find a place for it in any type of setting.
- Badgy200 fulfills all your needs for graphic personalization and instant card production, as single cards or in small batches.
- Evolis presents the Badgy200 solution designed to help you print professional-quality color badges with perfect ease.
- Quickly print out reward or membership cards for customers, IDs for visitors and new employees, and more in rich color.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single-installation CD that has Badge Studio software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- The included Evolis Badge Studio+ software enables anyone to create great-looking professional badges without any artistic or technical training.
- The printer is compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and lets you create personalized badges in minutes.
- You can control all aspects of the printing process from a computer using Badgy Premium Suite.
- Printer management and configuration tools, complete with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- At badgy .com, you’ll find a free card template library, where you can add text, logos, photos, and more, to the template of your choice.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS has everything you need to start using your printer and begin printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 system is an affordable solution, perfect for low volume card printing applications. This is a complete all-in-one solution right out of the box, which makes it perfect for novice users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and USB and power connections at the back.
An LCD control panel makes the printer incredibly user-friendly.
Quality and cost effectiveness The Badgy200 prints photographic quality plastic cards in full-color designs that cover the entire surface of the card. Badgy can also print readable barcodes.
Regardless of if you need to print one card or 100 cards, overall, the printing costs are much lower than normal and fit any budget.
You can save even more money when using the power-saving hibernation mode.
Evolis Badgy200 Overview: This printer uses dye sublimation and thermal transfer to produce cards at 300 dpi with two million colors available.
Speedy printing of 95 color cards or 325 monochrome cards per hour allows Badgy to be used for bulk prints when needed.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
You can print badges or ID cards while personalizing them when you use Evolis Badgy, at any time - either one at a time or in batches: Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges